Odd problem, car thinks it has Xenon lights... but doesn't. How to disable in VCDS?

Dylan Johnson

Test123
Reaction score
So my car has headlight leveling sensors on the wheel (for xenon lights i assume?) however it has just the normal headlamps so its making the dash beep with a fault about headlight leveling...

Was told by local garage the leveling sensors are for Xenon lights only which makes me think someone has changed them out for normal headlamps (no clue why) and the fault code was never cleared/changed.

So was wondering if its possible to tell the car it doesn't have Xenon headlights so the fault stops showing?

might be worth clearing the fault code if you haven't already done so and then check if fault is there if fault is still there and if i mind correctly go into 09 Vcd's and go into long code helper and check eack box and u should come across a part where a drop down menu is and look in there and see what it says as you can change your lights in there but please mind to take a pic off the coding before you change . hope this helps

Car may have been in a front end accident and been repaired cheaply. Halogen headlights are a lot cheaper then Xenons.
Or previous owner swapped the xenons on to a halogen car he bought.
You could probably be able to alter the module coding I would of thought for halogen lights. But I would be more concerned as to why the car has halogens rather than xenons. You can check the PR codes on the build sticker and see if it was fitted with halogen or xenon headlights.