1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd behaviour on the rollers

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Rosso TT, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rosso TT

Rosso TT Member

Took my car to a dyno day (RR event) on the week end.
    The operator started to load the car and when on boost, all of the sudden the power cut down for a split second and kept doing this a couple of times during the pull, car never done this on other RR events.
    The operator rekoned is the haldex cutting in and out, i've seen a graph where the haldex makes more jagged line than what i've got, i think is throttle cut of some sort, the ESP was turned off when on the RR.
    My car is 05-00 build, so is my car been recalled by the factory to fit ESP or did it come with it?
    I'm asking this because i've heard storyes where a retrofitted ESP can never be turned off completelly or are just bolloks and problem is something else?
    Cheers
    Ross.
    Picture 06.jpg
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Assuming 4wd rollers? looks like haldex kicking in tbh... if the rear rollers aren't matched/driven from the front rollers then haldex will be cutting in and out.. easy fix is to run with the fuse pulled...

<tuffty/>
  3. Rosso TT

Rosso TT Member

Yes tuffty, 4wd dyno, this is the first time the car runned on a mailine dyno.
    Past times always used dyno dinamics.
    Other cars like TTS, 8P A3/S3 and golf R didn't suffer from the same issue, i do run a peloquin TBD at front.
    Next time i'll pull the fuse out.
    Cheers
    Ross.
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Gen2 and above Haldex on later cars don't suffer as much as our Gen1 ones do... pulling the fuse is a simple enough task though...

<tuffty/>