1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Octane booster

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FatLad, Mar 10, 2004.

1. FatLad

FatLad Member

[Mar 10, 2004]
    Can anyone confirm what product most members favour ? I have heard Millers Oils products to be very good and a quick look on there website would indicate that Octance Plus to be most suitable for my A3 1.8T Sport, taking the octane rating to around 99 if used with Optimax (my regualr juice) ???
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Mar 10, 2004]
    I'm sure they are all grand, but I'll be bu&&ered if I get tell the difference with my cars running octane booster vs not. I can feel no difference, time no difference with my stopwatch and have no timed difference at the 1/4 mile.

Of course, all variables are not likley to be equal in my tests, but you would expect some difference if they were the miracle elixir that they are sold as...

I can time a difference between standard and optimax unleaded (on average a whole 0.2s on the 1.4 mile) but still, I cannot perceive a difference from behind the wheel.
  4. FatLad

FatLad Member

[Mar 10, 2004]
    O.K. fair do's, it's just something I've always wanted to try ever since attending the AMD rolling road meet at which a no. of S3 members expected good bhp figures by using the stuff.
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Mar 10, 2004]
    Hehe, its worth a go and might give you 2bhp peak on the dyno, but I wouldn't buy it in bulk and use it every tank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  6. JayA4Turbo

JayA4Turbo Member

[Mar 10, 2004]
    I've tried it and honestly can't say that it made a difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    IMHO it was a waste of time. Not saying it won't make a differnce for others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Mar 10, 2004]
    Tried it...dyno'd it...no difference.

Another big fat waste of money...it doesn't do anything close to what it's overrated claims suggest.

At least it didn't on my two cars...