1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Occasional hesitation at slow speeds

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by themanthatcan, Apr 1, 2008.

1. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 1, 2008]
    Hi guys,

Was stuck in traffic this morning on the way to work which I think is the first time I've had to drive the car in a slow speed stop-start situation since I bought it. I noticed that 3 or 4 times then car hesitated slightly like it lost power, and it seemed to be when letting my foot off the accelerator slightly to slow down.

I have a dodgy inlet camshaft adjuster at the moment (engine management light is on) which causes irratic idling and thats being swapped out soon, but I wondered if anyone has suffered from this hesitation problem before or have a clue what it might be? :search:

Thanks,
    Andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Apr 1, 2008]
    Was your air-con switched on? You can get a bit of a jolt in traffic with the extra load on the engine.
  4. themanthatcan

[Apr 1, 2008]
    Nah it's always in Economy mode to save fuel unless the car gets misted up. This wasn't a jolt as such..it was a more of a split-second loss of power.
  5. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Apr 1, 2008]
    Just a thought. I'm going to annoy you now by sounding like a sales rep, but I coming to think that this a characteristic of the 1.8T engine. I've heard this before on a few forums.

Mine does this.....well it did with the original Audi ECU map. After jabbasport, it was gone. I have a feeling that its to do with running the emmision low as soon as possible. There may of course be an ECU update available fro Audi????

I've seen people change various componens to find no change.

As long as its not very different to how the car has reacted in the past.
  6. themanthatcan

[Apr 1, 2008]
    Thanks for the advice matey. I'm booked in for a CC remap in a couple of weeks anyway so I'll see if that helps out at all.