1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBD II location

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by teecee75, Feb 5, 2012.

1. teecee75

teecee75 New Member

[Feb 5, 2012]
    hi guys,

newbie here and proud new owner of a 2.6 auto cabriolet final edition, 2000 reg.

I've scoured the car and the forum but for the life of me can't locate the OBD port!

help much appreciated,

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. whizzo

whizzo New Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    It might be under the bonnet, although I have a feeling it was moved in the Final edition. Open the bonnet and locate the fusebox, it'll be behind the bulkhead on the driver's side. Open the fusebox and you'll see two little D-shaped 2-pin connectors, one black and one white. You might need something called a 2x2 OBD adaptor though, cheap on eBay. BUT as I said they might have moved it to comply with EU regulations just before the Final edition was released. The regulations say that the OBD socket must be accessible by somebody sitting in the driver's seat. Hopefully that narrows it down a bit? I hear it might be behind a piece of fascia plastic either above or below the row of buttons for the winkers/fog lights/etc. Good luck!