OAP vs OAP

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Not really a rant, but not for the first time, I've witnessed a road rage incident between two OAPs which is quite amusing when then exchange rage at each other in the form of perfectly times horn presses which roughly translated to 'you moron' in horn morse code! :laugh:

But anyways, yesterday, I was heading towards a rather large island that leads onto the M42, there are 4 lanes, I will refer the left lane as lane 1 and right lane as lane 4 ok. Now lanes 1&2 is for M42 northbound, lane 3 is to go straight ahead and lane 4 is for M42 south and coming back. There's traffic lights on this island to control traffic, but it's 7.45pm, so not overly busy.
So the lights are red, the left 2 lanes have one car each, I'm heading straight ahead in lane 3, but I'm coasting, as it's a red light, and 50 meters away when the lights change. As soon as the lights turned amber, these 2 cars both pull off, but the car in lane 2 takes the racing line and almost takes the front end OS car in lane 1 off, so he beeps his horn in protest, then car number 2 slows to a crawl and starts beeping back, then there's a beeping exchange for the next few seconds.

Nothing particularly funny yet, but car number two then crosses over to my lane, as he actually wanted to go straight on and not onto the M42. At this point, I was maybe 10m away still coasting in amusement, but in effect, he has cut me up, so I beeped my horn for a laff! :laugh:, it was a long beeeeep, to make a point, so now he's beeping back at me haha, it was so hilarious! Wife was in the car, it made her laugh, so we was just giggling away. During the beeping, he managed to open his door window waving his arms about giving me the V sign, he was ******, despite he was the one causing the situation.

Still, I just laughed it off and overtook him as soon as the road was straight and clear.

Can't wait until I'm in my 50s and still driving....

Reactions: Alex C