1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 sensors

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by lilegbeaner16, Sep 15, 2004.

1. lilegbeaner16

lilegbeaner16 New Member

[Sep 15, 2004]
    Check engine light came on a little bit ago, i took it to Auto Zone so that they could have the codes checked out for me. The told me it was an O2 sensor before the cat's bank 2. My only problem is i dont know which is bank 2 and i cant find it in the manual either. Does anyone have any ideas if its the right or left?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. imported_WatchMeFlyBy

imported_WatchMeFlyBy Guest

[Sep 15, 2004]
    I hate auto zone...the moron the checked out your car should have given you more info. Stores like autozone and discount auto are only good for in and out cheap products because theyre customer service is horrible.
    sorry for fuming but i went the the same thing today trying to find the right size K&N for about 45 min...
    AL
  4. lilegbeaner16

lilegbeaner16 New Member

[Sep 15, 2004]
    they do suck, but i had no other choice
  5. K212

K212 Member

[Sep 15, 2004]
    Is it wise to replace 02 sensors before they give?
  6. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

[Sep 15, 2004]
    For like a few weeks, my car was driving us crazy (my friend and I)! We couldn't find what the problem was with my car... it simply wasn't giving any power at all! I completly removed the engine to see if there were any leaks! At the end, after soooooooooo many hours of hard work and labor... it turned out to be my knock sensors and my O2 sensors...they were bad but there were no fault codes on VAG!!
    So yes, I think you can change them if you feel that they are starting to break down.

Oh and I suggest that you should change both sides!

G.
  7. dann959

dann959 Member

[Sep 16, 2004]
    RastaS4, I've had alot of power loss problems lately, and Iwas wondering if you had similar symptoms. My engine light comes on and some thermostatic code comes up on my scanner telling my the coolant temp is below regulation. I clear the light and the car is perfect. Drive it for another 30 miles and that bar of boost that I was running with my chip now feels like a 1.8 L engine with 2lb's of boost. At roughly 50 miles of driving the engine light comes on again.
  8. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

[Sep 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    dann959 said:
    RastaS4, I've had alot of power loss problems lately, and Iwas wondering if you had similar symptoms. My engine light comes on and some thermostatic code comes up on my scanner telling my the coolant temp is below regulation. I clear the light and the car is perfect. Drive it for another 30 miles and that bar of boost that I was running with my chip now feels like a 1.8 L engine with 2lb's of boost. At roughly 50 miles of driving the engine light comes on again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I didn't get any of that... no lights, no faulty codes, nothing! Just the car was running 240bhp when it was suppose to run 390bhp. Did you check your air mass??? Did you check it with VAG?

G.