1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurburgring Trip

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MattW86, Feb 9, 2011.

1. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Aye some fantastic roads in the highlands,
  2. finesse

finesse Active Member

s3dave you coming?
  3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Cant mate, work commitments would love it though.....
  4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

As Westle said, weekends are expensive.

If you're on a budget, this is how it breaks down. This is about as cheap as you can possibly do it:

Ferry £70

Fuel £100 each way, so £200 (assuming a few hours to Dover from whereever you live)

twin room £75 per night, so £150.

Those are your shared costs, £420 total for travel and accomodation, shared between two people £210 each.

Then you've got food, assume maybe £30 per night for a meal and beers, that's £60, plus maybe £20 for two lunches, that's £80. you're now at£290 each, for a driver and passenger.

Then, as a driver, you'll need laps:
    8 lap ticket £140, 3 laps saturday afternoon and 5 Sunday would be more than enough on a first trip.

That'd put the total cost in at £430 for a driver, and £290 for his passenger.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that between 2 of you in a car the total cost will be around £700. I went out there for a week in september and spent less than £500, and did about 16 laps as other people paid as they wanted the ride. Yet I went out last easter, and had a pretty hateful car failure, and it ended up costing me well over £700 for a 3 day weekend trip!

It's bloody worthwhile though!
  5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

How do you go on insurance wise prawn?
  6. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Insurance has always been a no go for me Dave. The companies that do it charge a fortune and the excess alone can be thousands for a claim.
  7. ChrisFurlong

ChrisFurlong Avantageous

The costs don't seem that bad, but it would only be me on my ownsome in the car.

I'll have to see if the cars ready by then, and if I have the money. I'll keep a watchful eye on this thread...
  8. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger Regional Rep

I think between 300 - 400 each is realistic. I was pretty impressed with the cost:fun ratio I got from when I want. Definitely worth getting a passenger on board to cut costs.
  9. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

I thought that would be the case, so if you, god forbid, wright a 911 etc off on the track you are f~cked......or is it you pay for yours i pay for mine gentlemans agreement? i know damaging the armco/oil spills are well expensive...:huh:
  10. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Luckily (touches wood......) on all the trips I've been on, the only accidents have involved grazing the Armco. Slight bumper damage and no charges, phew.

I would hazard a guess that most of those at the ring with their own cars doing "tourist laps" are uninsured. Not being insured also ensures that you drive round in a sensible manor knowing that you don't want to smash anything.

Every year when I go I always looks at various insurance but it's a stupid price.
  11. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

technically, as it's an unrestricted public toll road, your european insurance cover legally HAS to cover you 3rd party whilst on the ring.

However, whilst they will pay out in the event of a 3rd party claim, they will almost certainly chase you for the money back in England afterwards.

Check your policy wording very carefully!