1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number plate lights won't work...

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Brendan12, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Brendan12

Brendan12 Member

[Oct 27, 2011]
    My number plate lights aren't working at all, one was, and one was tempremental but now both won't work at all. I've tried changing the bulbs but no luck at all. Is there a fuse for them as I can't seem to find one?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. t8ups

t8ups Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 27, 2011]
    make sure the metal prongs are making contact inside the unit.
  4. Brendan12

Brendan12 Member

[Oct 27, 2011]
    I'm pretty sure they both are. Is there anything else it could be?
  5. viceroy

viceroy Member

[Oct 30, 2011]
    try connecting a 12v power supply to the bulb holders to see if there is an issue. If both are working, connect a voltmeter to the contacts in the car to make sure they are getting power. If they both work, then there is no connection between the two. If either fails, you know where to start looking
  6. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

[Oct 30, 2011]
    I recently lost all power to my boot lid, as in numberplate lights, fog lights, and boot release..........the earth wire in the plastic conduit on the left hinge bracket had snapped.

If you find you've got no power to your numberplate lamps only - could be that wire that's gone as opposed to the earth?

If so, you'll need to strip back the conduit and reconnect it. And no, there's no fuse :(