1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number plate LED

jdas03 Nov 11, 2010

1. jdas03

jdas03 Member

Hi all,

I know this has been done before but i wanted to confirm a few things before i went ahead..

I have found this link in another thread:

Audi White LED Intera Festoon light no canbus errors on eBay (end time 27-Nov-10 20:07:32 GMT)

Will these fit the S3? I have a facelift S3 in case that makes a difference?
    It says it comes with "Two 38mm Festoon" Is this all i need?

Third clarity:
    Its just a simple plug and play from what i gather? no medling around to get it working?

Thanks in advance :-D

2. Hadders

Hadders Member

You don't need to worry about errors with the bulbs, there aren't any for the number plate ones :)

3. rob_sri

rob_sri If in doubt, flat out

looks like it! ive just ordered some so i suppose we will soon find out haha

4. jdas03

jdas03 Member

lol im tempted to do the same and just order... but a tenner is alot to a poor lowly student, especially one who spent all his food money on call of duty :-(

Anyone confirm the sizings for the S3 - 38mm correct?
    Says in the listing no modifications needed etc so i am guessing it swaps straight in for the old bulbs!

5. rob_sri

if you care to wait 6 days or however long it says postage will be il tell you :p haha

6. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

The boot ones are 36mm, i fitted 38mm for a bit more coverage, was tight fit though, had to spread the connectors apart to fit them.

7. devan

devan Member

I also got 38mm, but i need to order some more... as the ones i got were advertised as white, but they actually have a blue tint, and look a bit chavvy to me :(

8. Julz.S3

Julz.S3 6th Gear

I payed £5 each,and each bulb has 8 Leds in.No need to worry about errors.

9. Julz.S3

Julz.S3 6th Gear

10. rob_sri

They work :D look good too!