Number plate allen key rounded off?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it out by, grabbing the head with some pliers (the ones that lock in place) and then just twisting them out! Was a total pain though, good luck!

Well I would not use the one you bought either, I would acquire stainless steel ones.

I would try WD 40 to loosen the bolt, and try again.
It is quite hard to remove a bold with a rounded head, especially if you cannot get grips onto the head. I would drill it out with a small drill being careful to make sure it is in the centre and not to drill into the hole thread. By rights you need a screw extractor that is like a tap with a reverse thread on it that tightens into the old bolt and winds it out.

I must stress it is quite a skilled job with small bolts.

Good luck with it

try a torx head that's slightly to big and a hammer then untighten. tends to work when I balls screw heads up

hi did you get the bolt out with the locking plies if yes fine,if no try grinding a slot in the head of the screw with a bradall (very small grinder )this will let you use a screw driver,

Try a small anti-clockwise drill bit (stud removal kit type) into the head generally this will bring it out if not, then, the hole you made (small) put a stud extractor in out itll come. not sure where you are but if near Brizzol i have the kit to do it with if you can't get it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.