1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOW THIS IS A SLEEPER!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by noddys3, Jan 21, 2010.

1. noddys3

noddys3 Member

2. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

I have met the owner a few month back in Ace Cafe.. nice but would have made more sense if it was an a4 or a6 conversion not a vw!

3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Seen that for sale on ed38! Sleeper, but looks sh1te...

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Isn't the idea of a sleeper is to look standard, or sh1te as you put it? lol I mean remapped RS4 power in a Passat has to be lol quick in a straight line!

5. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep

Im with Jo Jo on this one.
    It looks far from "*****", It looks like a tidy passat. Thats the point with that type of car.
    As for the it being a VW, Scratch off the nice 4 rings and most of us could be driving a skoda or seat !

6. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

Isn't Syncro the VW equivilant of Quattro so it's 4 wheel drive too ???? imagine the fun though.... would love to have the time and money to do something like that

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6

Me too, in an Audi it would just be another engine conversion, it the Passats it's something very unusual. Cool in my opinion.

8. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall ..got my head together!

I like it.. bet it's upset a few unsuspecting drivers :ninja:

9. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

sleepers ftw!!

i like this, nothing would give me greater pleasure than blowing 99% of anything that wanted a go off the lights in a standard looking, roughed up 't' reg passat

i would have to get a camera in the rear windscreen so i could record the look on peoples faces as i left them standing lol

10. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Perfect sleeper!

11. Lee Goodall

This is a sleeper..

#11 Lee Goodall, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  12. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's!
    Supporter

Yeah, but look at how uncontrollable is it ?!?

I bet that Passat is as set and planted as an RS4, not some crappy box top van with a lairy V8 in it that you can't go anywhere in.

13. Lee Goodall

It was a bit tongue in cheek.. it's obviously one of the most impractical sleepers you could build but good fun on the 1/4 mile.

14. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's!
    Supporter

I remember seeing a really ratty Mk2 Transit at the NSRA Nostalgia Nationals one year, it was absolutely silent as it rolled past the stands and we all thought it was a pit/break down wagon.

Then it pulled up to the line and with no drama or massive burnouts it did a 8 second quarter, and it made so little noise that nobody turned round to watch it ! haha

15. Lee Goodall

Ha ha excellent.. did you ever find out what engine it was running?

16. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Seen that a few times and saw it for sale a while ago on ed38, love it!!

Would love to be in that, scaring a few people off the streets.

I remember years ago, my mate had a tatty B reg Vauxhall Cavalier Hatchback, rust all over it, looked ****, but it had a full GSI2000 engine conversion, and it was wicked to see it fly past a few decent cars that were around back then.

17. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

Yea thats a sleeper and a half! 'Officer, How could my car go 170MPH? Its a clapped out Passat?' :)

18. noddys3

noddys3 Member

I totally agree, its a cracking effort, hats off to the owner!!!!

19. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's!
    Supporter

It was running a twin turbo'd LS1, it's still on the scene but its running a Turbo Technics converted Rover V8 now and is very loud !

20. aposegil

aposegil Member

well N8 thanx for your comment but it might look like **** but guess what ive left it parked in carparks and in public places and no need to worry as no one pays it attention, where my friend that has a lovely rs4 worries every time where ever he parks it even at home incase they break in for the keys.

S3K04 reason i didnt buy a s4 in the first place is that the rear leg room is ****!!!! and i am not a big fan of the A6 to be honest and this was perfect size (passats are smaller than a A6 by 8cms). Even thou it is called a Passat Syncro or 4 motion it not really it is more like a A6 quattro under it all. I am running all the quattro stuff with RS6 coilovers etc and it handles just as well as any RS I have driven or been in. Even Doug at MRC compliments it on its handling :)

otherwise guys thank you very much i am the very proud owner of the passat and it is a true awesome beast ;) a e36 m3 last week could not understand how i made him look like a 1L micra the look on his face was priceless :)

Another added benifit as mentioned above is that giving it some one day come round a corner and the police was waiting for a sports car of some sort to appear ;) i went past them no more the wiser, hiding the exhaust was the best thing i ever did lol. but then one day going up the A10 to Ware traffic cops pulled me as the car didn't look or sound normal, I wasn't breaking any laws or anything, i just think they wanted to see it under the bonnet as they had a list of all the mods declared and couldnt believe it. Some times these guys are really nice and as much of a petrol heads as us.

Except for a few of MRC tuned cars i.e. over 500bhp and a couple of bikes i still haven't found anything that gives me to much hassel ;)

if you have any questions let me know :) but thanx for the kind words.

#20 aposegil, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010