1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice car cleaner advice

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by t0ph0id, Jul 3, 2012.

1. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Member

[Jul 3, 2012]
    I've never been big on car washing, last car was white and was filthy. I've not got a black A3 and want to bring back it's shine.

I'm willing to spend a bit of money, but not a fortune.

Was thinking of buying Meguiars NXT Generation Wash & Wax Kit and Poorboys Black Hole.

Order

Rinse car
    Wash with the Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash
    Use the Poorboys Black Hole
    Wax with the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax

Is this the right order or have I got it completely wrong?

Any advice greatly received.

Edit: Forgot to give any details of the condition of the paint. There are swirls, and some shallow marks in the paintwork. Could do with a full correction probably.

Is it work investing in a dual action polisher? I've seen the DAS-6 for £74.99. Just seems a big invrstment for cleaning.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Jul 6, 2012]
    Das-6 is a worthy investment, the only way to properly sort out swirls, is handy for applying polishes and glazes too so you can get a lot of use out of it :)
  4. Ian-83

Ian-83 Member

[Jul 6, 2012]
    You order of stuff is correct though you may want to consider a clay bar in between the wash and black hole. This will cleanse the paint of contaminates before glazing/polishing then the wax. Will mean you start with a fresh clean paintwork before laying enhancement products on. Try giving Juicy Detailing a call or drop them an email for advice.
  5. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 11, 2012]
    I also used poorboys blackhole and megs nxt wax and my car came out fantastic. As for a polisher, mine is a Halfrauds own brand 12v that plugs into the ciggy lighter that I have had for a few years.
    Worked ok for me, but obviously you get what you pay for and a better polisher may give better results.