1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing but the truth

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by necroeire, Apr 26, 2005.

1. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

Lawyers should never ask a witness a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grand motherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?" She responded, "Why, yes I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife,
    you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you." The
    Lawyer was stunned!

Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?" She again replied, "Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in
    the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him." The defence attorney almost died.

The judge asked both counsellors to approach the bench and in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, I'll jail you for contempt."
  2. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

good one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    Lawyers should never ask a witness a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grand motherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?" She responded, "Why, yes I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife,
    you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you." The
    Lawyer was stunned!

Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?" She again replied, "Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in
    the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him." The defence attorney almost died.

The judge asked both counsellors to approach the bench and in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, I'll jail you for contempt."

[/ QUOTE ]

Pure class /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif
  4. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

quality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  6. audi5e

audi5e Member

10/10 :)
  7. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

Excellent... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  8. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Priceless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif
  9. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

Brill mate , pmsl !