Not so Brilliant Black?

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
Reaction score
I have used a LOT of paint correction products and processes, as anyone who has viewed my build thread will know. This weekend I was a bit bored and at my parents who have a driveway. Weather was perfect and I had the house to myself. But no cleaning kit!

Went to Halfords with every intention of getting some tech wax and just giving it a quick spruce up.

Bought the Farcela G3 scratch repair kit and the hand cutting compound applicator in a two pack.

I totally expected it to be ****. And it was when used as instructed on the pack. But let me cut to the chase, I changed the way I used it and it is excellent! So to anyone with a non metallic black car struggling with swirls and scratches give this a go. It is a great product.

I changed my approach and used a water sprayer and with the same amount of product continued over the whole car again in vertical and horizontal strokes covering each panel with two strokes in each direction.

Previously RUINED bonnet.

20130424_104422_zpscc43740f.jpg

As I applied the product, three pea sized spots per panel and lots of water.

20130424_105229_zpsadba09b8.jpg

20130424_103640_zps256b0df1.jpg

20130424_113607_HDR_zps2890be79.jpg

20130424_132339_HDR_zps183da0bb.jpg

20130424_132440_zps5e5ceb1a.jpg

20130424_131659_zps482b2f5b.jpg

20130424_131741_HDR_zps8ecbd0c7.jpg

This is before sealing, after this I glazed with black hole and sealed with Autoglym HD.

I haven't used my rotary on this car in over three years, it is washed with a brush in true "haven't got a clue" valet style. Although it is regularly polished, the car has had more sprays than the girl next door and is generally ruined. However I think it shows what can be done with a bit of elbow grease.

Paint correction doesn't have to be expensive, its all about time, effort and hard work.

Wow mate, that looks awesome. My paint is f**ked now. Need to spend a good few weeks on it. Thanks for the kick up the **** to do it....not that I have any free time.

My new Audi is brilliant black, this reminds me why I picked it over phantom black. It's just a deeper better shade in my opinion!

good effort jaardo, looks well mate.

Sean

I do like this car, but it looks like it could do with a good flatting in some pictures..

The paintwork on the entire car is terrible, one of if not the worst car I have ever owned body wise.

It had the front bumper resprayed, half the bonnet, one door, the rear bumper, the boot and half of the passengers rear quarter...

It needs a full respray rather than just wet sanding back and re-polishing. I have a man who can, and was toying with the idea of spraying it Volcano. Not sure though.

I hate non metallic black though :(