1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not happy with forge boost hoses, keep leaking

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by TDI140, May 29, 2013.

1. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Im not happy with the forge boost hoses i have, they keep leaking and now my car is struggling to hold 15psi and it should be holding 25psi at peak torque, its really peeing me off so im fitting new standard hoses again and and just putting the forge ones over the top for syle/ looks,
    its mainly the couplers they are just **** and forge sent me a load of random couplers that just make me think WHAT THE EFF are they doing to me lol

2. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Anyone have hybrid turbo and standard intercooler boost hoses ? Are they running perfectly fine no leaks ? As i want car to be running efficiently

3. bmh.01

bmh.01 Member

Why are you moaning about them on here? Get on to forge and send them back if they aren't fit for purpose!

4. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Someone woke up on wrong side of bed, they cant give me refund so im stuck with them as i bought them a whole back so need to know whats best solution and whether the couplers could just be wrong and i dont know what couplers i need

5. S3AMK20VT

S3AMK20VT Member

if you got a hybrid get a decent fmic kit which comes with new pipes that dont connect to the intercooler with that **** coupling mechanism

6. Aidy06

Aidy06 Member
    VCDS Map User

Meow...

TDI140 likes this.
  7. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Ive been looking at forge twintercooler the setup is much stronger on that when its combined with the stock cooler and both are working ive seen decent increases on tfsi engines, i think driver side coupler is too small and recirculating boost pressure is leaking out so that will be sorted tomorrow will post on how it goes

8. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Boost leaks royally suck. Even when you think they are fixed, a month later it all goes tits up. Im going to custom fit a charge cooler, and do away with all the stupid clamps audi use eventually.

9. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

I have to drive 15miles with boost leak is it safe to do so although the pipe in question in the one that comes onto the driver side intercooler connection ?