Not happy at all!!

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Retrofitted rs4 push button to my car. (I know it's not to everyone's taste but I like it). Now the button has failed a couple of months down the line and tps say Audi need to diagnose it. They want more for diagnosis than a new button costs! Don't really know what to do. The button seems to have lost its click

Not alot in reality but enough. Switch is 62 quid. Audi want 115 to cover it under warranty

Difficult one mate, but £115 gets it fixed and covered under warranty by Audi for how long?

Warranty doesn't get extended just continues on part I have. Oh and I get to lose my car for a couple of days too

With retroffited parts I wouldn't go near an Audi dealer, they will say it's nothing to do with the switch and it a problem with the retrofit, it shouldn't be on the car bla bla bla, now pay us £110 for being smug and sanctimonious........

Retrofitted rs4 push button to my car. (I know it's not to everyone's taste but I like it). Now the button has failed a couple of months down the line and tps say Audi need to diagnose it. They want more for diagnosis than a new button costs! Don't really know what to do. The button seems to have lost its click

Don't you work at a garage???
Have it apart and look yourself, sounds like something's broken inside. You have nothing to lose really.
Isn't it a no brainier with this one, a new one for £62, or your old one with less warranty at nearly double the price???

Yes I do work in a garage and have stripped it to check. It's annoying that there is no warranty on the part. I have kicked off with my local tps and am awaiting a response but its looking hopeful they may come to the party and cover it :)