1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not happy at all!!

chrisa4quat Apr 15, 2013

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

Retrofitted rs4 push button to my car. (I know it's not to everyone's taste but I like it). Now the button has failed a couple of months down the line and tps say Audi need to diagnose it. They want more for diagnosis than a new button costs! Don't really know what to do. The button seems to have lost its click

2. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

How much are we talking about?

3. chrisa4quat

Not alot in reality but enough. Switch is 62 quid. Audi want 115 to cover it under warranty

4. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

Difficult one mate, but £115 gets it fixed and covered under warranty by Audi for how long?

5. chrisa4quat

Warranty doesn't get extended just continues on part I have. Oh and I get to lose my car for a couple of days too

6. sewell10

sewell10 Member

Go back to the key mate

Steve220 likes this.
  7. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

No brainer, if you still want the switch buy a new one as its cheaper.....

8. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6

With retroffited parts I wouldn't go near an Audi dealer, they will say it's nothing to do with the switch and it a problem with the retrofit, it shouldn't be on the car bla bla bla, now pay us £110 for being smug and sanctimonious........

9. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

Don't you work at a garage???
    Have it apart and look yourself, sounds like something's broken inside. You have nothing to lose really.
    Isn't it a no brainier with this one, a new one for £62, or your old one with less warranty at nearly double the price???

10. chrisa4quat

Yes I do work in a garage and have stripped it to check. It's annoying that there is no warranty on the part. I have kicked off with my local tps and am awaiting a response but its looking hopeful they may come to the party and cover it :)