Not another suspension question!

Ozzyb

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been reading lots of threads on here and still a little confused. I have a 1.8T 2000 and just put a set of 18's on. Now i just want to drop the arch to the tyre and read the advised drop is about 30-40mm. I have around a budget of £300 and have seen alot of reccommendations for the Weitec GT kit. I dont think i need coilovers as i wont be doing track days, only want to drop the car and its just for general driving.

So if i buy this Weitec kit will i need to purchase ARB's also as i'm not dropping more than 50mm, in other words will ARB's help me with this set up??? Will it make a great difference and are they a good buy. I see most people have them so i'm leaning towards yes!!!

Sorry i know this type of thread has beend doing the rounds and i have read most of them. I am tempted with coilovers and quite fancy the Eibach pro street but then its looking towards £600, Whats an A3 owner to do?:think::think:

People normally upgrade the front ARB when dropping it over 50mm as the standard ARB will foul the driveshaft. They are a good investment though and do dramatically improve the handling.

Damian @ DPM

yes, ARBs (esp the rear one) make the car handle much better.

Ok Thanks guys
So is the Weitec good enough for what i require, i wanna drop about 40mm as i've just measured the drop? So this with ARB's should be a fairly decent set up for my money. I know i could spend between £500-£1000 but that is way out of my price range. I know you do get what you pay for but this is ok still?

Sorry to bang on just wanna be sure? probably order tonight or tomorrow from DPM as you guys know your stuff!

Ok and what ARB do you reccommend? I'm sure my current one is 21MM as when i got the Poweflex bushes i ordered the 21mm bush and the mechanic fitted that!