Not again.....

ilim

Reaction score
Hope the S3 is not taking the vxr route (where the thing started to fall apart from new)

Just fitted the Forge twintake and was a amazing drive to uni. Car felt more responsive and the noise it make.... vvvvrrrrrrooommmmmm Wooooossssssshhhhhhh..... :hubbahubba:

After uni got in the car. Allowed to car to warm up always, seems like there is no turbo. Like its in limp mode. There is no EML light.. Checked over the forge and all pipes seem tightly secured etc.

Anyone had this before?

p.s. when taking of the cover, i had placed the maf sensor screws on the window plastic bitty and when pulling the cover off, this launched the screws in the air. If one had fallen in the turbo would it have be obvious when switch/driving the car? Cus there was no noise

Thanks

Worried ilim :slapped:

(pic of the car)
IMG_0235.jpg

Glad you recieved this ok today mate, can't see why you are having this problem, I had this fitted to my car and was perfect. Pulled awesome and sounded awesome, power delivery was better.
Sure you havent put the maf sensor in the wrong way, or it's not damaged. That creates a lot of problems. I thought you was selling the s3?

Hi mate the pipe on the maf looks ripped, or are i,m i seeing things , the clip is on the top so maf is in right way..

Glad you recieved this ok today mate, can't see why you are having this problem, I had this fitted to my car and was perfect. Pulled awesome and sounded awesome, power delivery was better.
Sure you havent put the maf sensor in the wrong way, or it's not damaged. That creates a lot of problems. I thought you was selling the s3?

It was fine mate. Until i drove it out of uni seems like the turbo doesnt kick in.. Was planning to sell the s3 for the ttrs but the waiting time is till december... and by that time new stuff would have come out. Going to check the maf sensor again tonight to see if its in right. cus it can only go in one way. yeah?

Hi mate the pipe on the maf looks ripped, or are i,m i seeing things , the clip is on the top so maf is in right way..

Nope seems fine mate. the cables all seem in..

Hi mate any better pictures of the maf area?

two secs. going to the car now to get some..

I have had the same problem with the Neuspeed intake... Nobody was able to figure it out. When you clear the code though it goes back to normal. If you put the stock one back on it will run fine again after you clear the codes... There will not be any fault codes though.

This is the reply I got from Arin at APR when i was inquiring about the VW Racing intake.

"The issue you described is exactly the behavior that occurs when fuel trims max out. The car will run fine for a while and then will go into limp mode. Clearing fault codes would allow power to come back till the fuel trims got too high again (this happens over time). It doesn't always throw a fault code.

The issue has to do with either a leak where the intake connected to the turbo, a leak at the mass airflow housing or an incorrect mass airflow diameter that's so far out of spec, the ECU's unable to compensate. It's one or a combination of these three things as the issue went away once the stock intake was installed."

Waiting on my VWR intake to try to figure it out... Could be that the ECU just can't handle an intake.

Ive checked over the intake just now and all seems fine an tight. how ever i am only using one screw to hold the maf sensor in place as i dropped the other one OOPPPSS could this cause a leak??

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

I have had the same problem with the Neuspeed intake... Nobody was able to figure it out. When you clear the code though it goes back to normal. If you put the stock one back on it will run fine again after you clear the codes... There will not be any fault codes though.

This is the reply I got from Arin at APR when i was inquiring about the VW Racing intake.

"The issue you described is exactly the behavior that occurs when fuel trims max out. The car will run fine for a while and then will go into limp mode. Clearing fault codes would allow power to come back till the fuel trims got too high again (this happens over time). It doesn't always throw a fault code.

The issue has to do with either a leak where the intake connected to the turbo, a leak at the mass airflow housing or an incorrect mass airflow diameter that's so far out of spec, the ECU's unable to compensate. It's one or a combination of these three things as the issue went away once the stock intake was installed."

Waiting on my VWR intake to try to figure it out... Could be that the ECU just can't handle an intake.

Would a battery disconnect and connect sort this??

Hi mate i would get some screws ordered and try some electric tape( easy to take off again ) to seal up area ,covering screw hole ,to see if this helps while you wait for screw..:)

Hi mate i would get some screws ordered and try some tape to seal up area ,covering screw hole ,to see if this helps while you wait for screw..:)

Where can i get screws mate.. Will B&Q have them and whats the measurements of the screws?

I,d get them from audi or breakers ,as you dont want to thread the hole..

My neuspeed had a different thread to the originals so make sure it's right mate :)

Nooo lol get a part number from a member and order on phone or get them on here ..

is there any measurements for the screws?

Ilim, Forge supply the 3mm Allen Key screws for the MAF sensor with the Twintake kit (you cannot use the OEM ones), so would probably be best emailing them and asking to sell you a replacement screw. They are very good customer service wise and it shouldn't take them long to get one out to you. :wub: xx

Nice one paula , as i have the itg i just use the oem ones..:)

Ilim, Forge supply the 3mm Allen Key screws for the MAF sensor with the Twintake kit (you cannot use the OEM ones), so would probably be best emailing them and asking to sell you a replacement screw. They are very good customer service wise and it shouldn't take them long to get one out to you. :wub: xx

Paullie u are a legend..... Hope this sorts the issue with no power... Rest seems fine.. all tight and the air flow in the right way. Going to email them now.. Woop woop...

Nice one paula , as i have the itg i just use the oem ones..:)

Yeah John, OEM is T20 screw and those supplied with the Forge kit are 3mm Allen Key screws. Until he gets the replacement though, Ilim should just do as you suggest and tape up the hole, etc :wub: xx

Reactions: Kelza
Paullie u are a legend..... Hope this sorts the issue with no power... Rest seems fine.. all tight and the air flow in the right way. Going to email them now.. Woop woop...

No probs, Buddy. Hope this fixes it. You may just have to take it easy until you get the other screw. Did you get the post I left for you on your thread earlier, with the part numbers for the TTS engine cover, so you won't need to give Audi your chassis number? :wub: xx

Ilim, going by what Arin at APR told Gryphon, ..if the missing screw on your MAF isn't the problem, perhaps your fuel pump is maxing out. I believe this can happen to standard as well as to mapped cars (I do know that you like to drive your car 'spiritedly', lol :laugh:), so it could be something to do with what you're experiencing, but HOPEFULLY it's simply the missing MAF screw. You should probably get your car scanned to check for any codes too, just to be on the safe side. :wub: xx

If you scan it and there are no relative codes, that's probably your issue. With APR software I have a fault code erase which made it easier on me. Bu I'd have to use it every time I drive. It would actually go limp in stock mode too... And had a tendency to happen under heavy load. On the highway driving at around 2800-3200 rpm, 6th gear & accelerating.

Ilim, going by what Arin at APR told Gryphon, ..if the missing screw on your MAF isn't the problem, perhaps your fuel pump is maxing out. I believe this can happen to standard as well as to mapped cars (I do know that you like to drive your car 'spiritedly', lol :laugh:), so it could be something to do with what you're experiencing, but HOPEFULLY it's simply the missing MAF screw. You should probably get your car scanned to check for any codes too, just to be on the safe side. :wub: xx

Is there anyone in Aberdeen that can scan it???

Car is not running good at all. Tapped up the hole maf sensor still not running straight. Can't even hear the turbo windup. Forge is coming off tonight...

Hi mate what stage are you on (mapped) ?

No mate standard car no mapping.

I have taken it of the car now and will be selling the forge. If you want one look at the for sale section mate..

Thanks all for the help. Looks like the car does not like mods... :banghead:

Car is not running good at all. Tapped up the hole maf sensor still not running straight. Can't even hear the turbo windup. Forge is coming off tonight...

Wont run right till you reset the non existant codes...

Hi mate theres a few members from aberdeen that can clear fault codes :)

hi ilim, sorry to hear you have problem mate.
if you don't have EML on then probably won't be error codes on VCDS, as i've read on revo manuals, throttle body adaptation recovers car from the limp mode. so you need someone with vcds to do it for you.

The problem with the throttle adaptation is that it's not a permanent fix... I can do it with the cruise controls using the APR tune. But tge car would just go back into limp mode again...

Put the standard intake on last night and the car is running fine. Called Audi roadside assistance and they came out checked the car over and seemed all ok. Still 50/50 on the forge. Might give it one more go and drive the car slowly to get it used to it. You think this will work?

ilim

Have a tech install it... Make sure no leaks. I spoke to APR and apparently there isn't any way to adapt the ECU for it so it's either the intakes fault or your ECU can't handle one... That's my understanding. Some cars are apparently very finicky.