1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a S3 I know, but had my new motor on the rollers yesterday..

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Vtec Abuser, Apr 27, 2008.

1. hatmeow

hatmeow Turbo is the only way....

[Apr 28, 2008]
    Dear Vtec Abuser,

Arent you concerned about the High Torque Figures if you are running a DSG? The DSG's limit is Supposedly 350 Nm...
  2. phantom

phantom On Boost

[Apr 28, 2008]
    I agree about the Value for money bit Martain , everyone got there for 9.00 and nothing happend to 10.30 at least....and getting on for 2 months later there are still no vid's/plots online!

As for ATW figures corrected to FW/ BHP they didn't really offer up much in the way of advice.

I do think there was consistency, the 2 STD S3's made bang on the same as each other, the 3 mapped cars made roughley the same as each other , and Ju3.2's car made bang on the money all running after each other, so in that respect you couldn't organize it any better!

p
  3. Vtec Abuser

Vtec Abuser Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    350NM???
    I was told that the Revo map knocks the torque back a little on DSG's as opposed to manual and it's normally around the 300lbft mark. But mine seems to be a lot more than that for some reason.
    I would be worried a bit if it wasn't for the fact that Awesome's demo car is 375bhp and a lot more torque than mine and they've not had any problems at all..
    I think i'll run it again on some different rollers and see what they show..
  4. Vtec Abuser

Vtec Abuser Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    I think it may of been an off day for them to be fair.. As on sat they were pretty good and chatted to me a few times. They even worked through their lunch to make sure everyone got there car on after a few delays that weren't any fault of there own..
    I reckon if you took your car there on your own, you would get a lot better advice and service. But as this Forums RR meets go, trying to fit 20+ cars in one day and keep everyone happy can't be easy IMO..
    P.S. Mine was only £35.. You shouldn't be so greedy and have 4WD... :p. You Audi owners can afford it anyway.. :laugh:
    It'd be good if we could get a RR day arranged with a mixture of S3/Cupra/ED30's to compare I reckon..
  5. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    I'd be up for a get together, afterall the main enjoyment for me is meeting up with other like minded people and chatting cars for a few hours, at least if its at Awesome again this time it will only be £35 for me as well since I rejoined the 2 wheel camp plus if the rollers are to be believed elsewhere I've got 260 horses to parade !!

I cant imagine what it's like putting 300+ through the front wheel it must be a real hoot, my manual TT is bad enough and likes to spin the wheels in the first 3 gears but I'm guessing the DSG reigns it in initially ?!?

FWD may not have traction but crikey it makes you smile :)

Set something up Guys and a joint forum meet could be fun, as an alternate venue what about JBS Chesterfield ?
  6. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

[Apr 28, 2008]
    whats the lbs to nm conversion? is it nm -100? if you get me
  7. QuickNick

QuickNick Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    I'd be up for a meet at JBS - there's an article in Performance VW this month about them and the tuning they offer on the 2.0TFSI motor (specifically a Leon).

Have to be after Friday though - don't want to be embarrassed by a mapped TT!
  8. phantom

phantom On Boost

[Apr 28, 2008]
    No danger of that!:happy:

Lol

p
  9. Vtec Abuser

Vtec Abuser Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    I'm up for JBS, they are alright there.. Thinks it's Jamie the bloke there isn't it..?
    I had my LCR done there and got 262bhp 295lb/ft on Revo stage 1..
    Plus it's close for me.. lol
  10. hatmeow

hatmeow Turbo is the only way....

[Apr 29, 2008]
    Awsome's demo is 375hp with DSG? WOW! Do you know how long they had it for?

A German friend of mine worked at Audi on the A3 project a couple years back and he said that the limit that was designed into the current DSG is 350nm with no problems. you can push it to 400nm for short durations but nothing further.

That is why I am a bit hesitant to put a K04 into my A3...
  11. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Apr 29, 2008]
    Audi are releasing a DSG option with the facelift S3, would be interesting to know if it is a beefed up version of the DSG fitted to the regular 2.0t..

With the S3 having 350Nm standard then they must have to build in a contingency..

If it is the same then that shows IMO that the DSG can take lots more than people seem to think, there a few big turbo cars over in the states with almost 400ft/lbs and plenty of chipped K04 ED30's in the UK and europe running perfect, Id say go for it, and if it breaks then you can replace it with a propper gearbox ; )

Jonny
  12. james0808

james0808 Active Member

[Apr 29, 2008]
    Use this converter