Not a happy bunny

garethj

Reaction score
As per previous post, I am in the process of fitting an armrest to a New A3 (8P model). I went to the dealer today to look at a car with the armrest fitted, as predicted there is a special nut needed to hold it in place. Problem being the nut is not on ETKA and Audi UK Technical claim that you can't retro fit the armrest so don't seem to want to help.

This is really [censored] me off as the part must be available as they use them in the factory. Anyone got any suggestions (preferably constructive ones).

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
As per previous post, I am in the process of fitting an armrest to a New A3 (8P model). I went to the dealer today to look at a car with the armrest fitted, as predicted there is a special nut needed to hold it in place. Problem being the nut is not on ETKA and Audi UK Technical claim that you can't retro fit the armrest so don't seem to want to help.

This is really [censored] me off as the part must be available as they use them in the factory. Anyone got any suggestions (preferably constructive ones).

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say special nut, what do you mean? Got a pciture of it or one similar? Must be able to get it elsewhere!

Rich

Hi Rich, congrats on the highest posting status, made me chuckle.

Haven't got a picture of the nut but I have got a picture of the hole (see below). The nut is hex shaped at the top and then cylindrical at the bottom with a lip to stop it being pulled up through the hex shaped hole. It is about 1.5-2cm long.

Didn't think the dealer was too keen on me removing it to get a proper look at it.

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
It's not easy to describe and to be fair I have only seen it in situ upside down in a small mirror.

Badly drawn picture below, the nut is threaded all the way through, proportion may be way off but it should be clearer than my description:

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically its as you've drawn there, but the tread is in the middle? so a bolt or something screws into that?

Rich

Cnt you take it doen 2 B&Q, am sure they can find you a nice nut there

WELL THEY DO SAY, "YOU CAN DO IT WHEN YOU B&Q IT" TRY IT!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I HOPE YOU GET IT SORTED, IF NOT YOU'LL HAVE TO BUY AN OLD A3/S3!! I CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER SOLUTION ;-)