not a good start to owning a dtm help needed

DTM-Edition

Reaction score
got home this morning to my newly purchased dtm my dad had it on the charge as it was flat when he lifted it so i replaced the battery.
all was good the car started ok but the remote wouldn't lock the car but i had to go for a spin came back had the car off and on a few times all was ok

the car was running on the street and i popped the boot to wash round it and the car cut off and now wont start
anyone any ideas

When you replace the battery you need to start the car press and hold all four window buttons down for 5 secs and then lift and hold all buttons for 5 secs. That will reprogram your key.

When you replace the battery you need to start the car press and hold all four window buttons down for 5 secs and then lift and hold all buttons for 5 secs. That will reprogram your key.

While standing on one leg whistling the star spangled banner :)

Is it worth trying another battery? If that works then either something is draining the battery or the alternator isn't charging it.

Do u get a flashing imobiliser light on the dash when turning over the engine. Sounds like the key and imobiliser are out of sync.

Do u get a flashing imobiliser light on the dash when turning over the engine. Sounds like the key and imobiliser are out of sync.

Surely it wouldn't turn over if it was the immo.

It depends on how the Immo works.
Some cuts spark, fuel, starter or all of the above.

I'd go with arthurfuxake, re-sync the key to the car.

You don't re-sync the immobiliser. It doesn't just loose its pairing.

If it is the immobiliser kicking in then there will be a fault with either the key or the immo system.

But yeah as above check any lights on the dash.

edit:
Just turn the ignition on, if the key flashes then its the immo.

Last edited:
Ok got it on vagcom had a load of faults mainly because of the battery but there was a fault with one of the ignition coils so I replaced it with one out of my mothers TT and still no change.
Yes I have fuel in it I'm not an idiot lol it's still pumping fuel ok as I can hear the pump priming an I can smell it from the exhaust after churning for a while
When I run the onboard computer check it brings up no problems either
I have heard of the ignition coil loom burning out any one any ideas

Ok got it on vagcom had a load of faults mainly because of the battery but there was a fault with one of the ignition coils so I replaced it with one out of my mothers TT and still no change.
Yes I have fuel in it I'm not an idiot lol it's still pumping fuel ok as I can hear the pump priming an I can smell it from the exhaust after churning for a while
When I run the onboard computer check it brings up no problems either
I have heard of the ignition coil loom burning out any one any ideas

Replaced coil and new set of plugs and no change at all I've give up and sent it to a local diagnostic guru il keep you'd informed

lol 1 coil wouldnt stop it starting
if its not the immo you realy need the codes
pity you didnt keep the codes
id go for a bad batt fuel pump immo link wire

possible high pressure fuel pump failure tests done only putting out 53psi and should be putting out 200psi or so i have have been told.
more tests to follow!!!

did you get it started then

all fixed the high pressure fuel pump was the problem! got it replaced and vagcom'd all good for the road now only i cant drive it because im on a night shift
banghead.gif

Glad to hear it got sorted out for you... Can't believe noone has bullied you for pics yet!?!

Get 'em up! lol

Glad to hear it got sorted out for you... Can't believe noone has bullied you for pics yet!?!

Get 'em up! lol