Not a bad review from Mr Harris on the S3 8V

'But for now, if I was about to buy one car to use all year, I think it would be an Audi S3.'

Exactly the reason I went for one...quick, comfortable daily driver that doesn't cost the earth. Hope he does a video review at some point!

He is still getting in the RS3 Digs though isn't he, it's not a direct comparison so why keep harping on about how he hates the RS3 ? compare the S3 8V to the S3 8P please !

It's a hang-over/reference from the comparison to the M135i he did previously.

"I was lent an S3 the other week: white, small wheels and nasty darkened rear windows." Haha

:lmfao:

:w00t:

I like Harris's reviews as he is generally on the money. Couldn't agree more with his statements here

My fav journalist and again a truthful honest review none of this brand favouritism the press is usually littered with!

Fair review. I agree that the subtle styling and stealth factor really appeal.

Very positive review. Quite like Harris' tbh and met him briefly at the Nurburgring 24 Hours a couple of years ago.

As for "lightest smattering of options" - err what? It has both the Tech Pack and LED headlights so that's well over £2k straight away.

Excellent review. I thought a review might be on the way as he has said some good things on twitter about the S3. Was even recommending it to someone!

He is my favourite motoring journo - so very happy it has his thumbs up.

My fav journalist and again a truthful honest review none of this brand favouritism the press is usually littered with!

Are you sure about that? You might find he's banned from testing Ferrari's after claiming the press versions have stickier tyres and a few more ponies on Jalopnik. He's a Porsche and BMW man, after that he's RWD before anything else. Then he freely admits he likes AWD Audi's for everyday use on UK roads but slams the RS3/4/5/6/7 in road tests, quite likes the S4 and R8 V10 "because it's not like an Audi". He even admits the new integrated dash on the TT "is the kind of thing that would make an idiot like me buy a car". He knows he does man maths like the rest of us.

He's an entertainer first and a good one, I like his style too. I wouldn't put too much faith in his view because it might just change again next week.

All the same the new S3, Golf R and Leon Cupra are all reviewing as quite enticing cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3 AD
Are you sure about that? You might find he's banned from testing Ferrari's after claiming the press versions have stickier tyres and a few more ponies on Jalopnik. He's a Porsche and BMW man, after that he's RWD before anything else. Then he freely admits he likes AWD Audi's for everyday use on UK roads but slams the RS3/4/5/6/7 in road tests, quite likes the S4 and R8 V10 "because it's not like an Audi". He even admits the new integrated dash on the TT "is the kind of thing that would make an idiot like me buy a car". He knows he does man maths like the rest of us.
He's an entertainer first and a god one, I like his style too. I wouldn't put too much faith in his view because it might just change again next week.

All the same the new S3, Golf R and Leon Cupra are all reviewing as quite enticing cars.

No think he is back in Ferrari's good books. They let him ruin a few sets of rubber in a F12 late last year. I also know he is very good friends with the owner of a certain Ferrari dealership which I think has allowed him to mend bridges. Do agree that he favours RWD stuff.

He was saying on twitter way back that he was trying to sort something special video wise with the La Ferrari.

Reactions: MBK
Doesn't he own a b7 s4 avant as a daily dogger anyway?

Yeah think he loves it. It's also had a re-map and smoked the current RS4 in one of his videos. It's trashed mind.

I think he's honest and fair. lets be honest the 8p s3/rs3 is no lotus Elise by a long stretch maybe his comments about the under steer weren't a million miles off the mark. He's a bmw man admittedly but so are many many people in the 'know' and most likely for a good reason. Please no rs3 arguments I've never owned or been in one so not my opinion ok just what I've read. Also harris loved the rs 4 of yesteryear!

Last edited: