1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nos or Hybrid?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by indiemike, Dec 14, 2009.

1. indiemike

indiemike ZoomZoom

Hi just wondering what your thoughts are on the 2 above?
    Next year I was planning going down the hybrid path but for the costs I think a nos system would be costing around the same amount of money. From what I've read with nos if done by the right person the results can be rather good, been looking at a company called Wizards of nos who seem to do a rather good job from what I've read around the net

Any ideas or thoughts about the subject

thanks mike
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Its a little too 'Fast and Furious' for my taste but the very least you would need to do is change the rods I suspect... IIRC, NOS can generate quite a bit of torque...

<tuffty/>
  3. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall ..got my head together!

Hybrid and NOS FTW :ninja:
  4. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

I heard on the news earlier this year that the government are considering banning car mods such as NOS. So i'd do that while you can if I were you!

Or maybe i'm just saying that 'cos i'd love to see a NOS build-thread on here!
  5. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Active Member

I run NOS on my other car and its fine.
    I have a spare kit and toyed with the idea for the S3.
    The problem is that if its set up wrong or badly instaled you WILL damage something.
    Oh and the other problem is ... the botle doesnt last for ever. A bigger turbo will always be there when you push the loud pedal.
  6. indiemike

indiemike ZoomZoom

The main reason I am thinking about nos is just that I fancy doing something different from the hybrid. From what I've read about "wizards of nos" they do good work. I wouldn't be using the system all the time, I plan on doing track days next year and want to take it 2 the pod a couple of times 2
  7. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

My argument (as mentioned above) for the hybrid over the NOS would be the ongoing costs. Hybrid once fitted costs nothing. NOS requires refills. Not expensive I agree - but tally it up over time and you start talking about quite a lot of squedge...
  8. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Active Member

Gas on a track day would be ok but... you will need to think of the brakes too. I used the same company. Trevor is a good lad and knows his stuff. The problems start when you want more and more... Ive ended up with 3 bottles in my mk2 golf.
    You would run out of gas before the end of a track session i think though,