1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOOb with a coupla quick ones???

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Higgsy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Higgsy

Higgsy Hard To Spin

[Jan 24, 2010]
    Alright everyone

Iv just got back into VAG after a stint in the Jap 4X4 market and things have changed alot since my 3rd 16v Mk2 GTi a few years back, just a couple of quick questions about my 190 (6) quattro avant.

I was wanting to get a diagnostic program on my laptop and still have VAG-COM on it from when i helped a mate out a while ago, will this program be ok to use with my car? and what kind of cable should i be looking at getting? ive seen CAN-BUS, OBDII, K LINE or something and its all alien to me???

Also ive got my car booked in for a 220 bhp GIAC chip at an approved dealer..

a) will this get wiped when my car goes for a service

b) are there any other mods (DV, injectors) i should look at strengthening before getting the chip?

Thanks alot in advance folks and any help is appreciated.

Higgsy
  2. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

[Jan 24, 2010]
    a) No, will be fine.
    b) Exhaust - catback and/nor turbo back... should be done ideally before a map (if you're going to change the zorst that is)
  3. Higgsy

Higgsy Hard To Spin

[Jan 24, 2010]
    Thanks alot mate, that really helps, its all coming together!!