1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob needing cat advice

Cr34medurnan Feb 14, 2014

1. Cr34medurnan

Cr34medurnan New Member

Hi there. Just purchased my first a3 a couple of days ago and it failed the m.o.t on a knackered cat. Has any one replaced one and know of the cheapest place to get one?
    Oh yeah....... I have a A3 1.8t Quattro

Many thanks

Creamed

2. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi A3

They are a ******* to remove and replace, think you can pick them up for around £150 though. Check ebay

3. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi Cabriolet Owner Group SQ5 owners group

May be a good opportunity to go for a high flow sport cat and map, in total would probably be cheaper than a new OME one.

4. Cr34medurnan

Cr34medurnan New Member

cheers for the response guys. I have found that GSF car parts have the cheapest OEM replacement cat at £140. Catalytic Converter

5. Cr34medurnan

Cr34medurnan New Member

Found gsf car parts has a r103 approved one for £140. Will go for that as they are £120 cheaper than jayjar and euros.

6. Tommo80

Tommo80 Member

A good sports cat is usually near as good as a decat but without the hassle of swapping them over for mot's and have diff number of cells depending on your requirements.