1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOOB! 2.0TDI turbo.....

peircey Mar 10, 2011

1. peircey

peircey New Member

HI!

just bought a 2004 a3 2.0 tdi....... im new to the turbo diesel world lol and was wondering about certain noises coming from the engine lol

right........ when the engine is around 1900-2100rpm..... there is a high pitch whistle/hiss coming from the engine? is the turbo acting normal or something wrong with the turbo... i cant really hear after 3000 rpm..... it also makes this sound when i take my foot off the accelerator at around the same RPM too like a dump valve lol but very high pitched and i know diesels dont have dump valve..... is it just the sound of the turbo slowing down as i take my foot off the gas?......

im hoping my turbo isnt fcuked its only done 43000 miles..... :S

am i worrying about nothing or worrying about something!

fanx

chris

2. micasb

micasb Member

Can you somehow do a small clip so we can ear theat sound?
    It would help us helping you :)

3. zedzo

zedzo Member

changing gear jus bfore the power kicks in 18 - 20 does cause a dump on any turbo car.

4. SimonAshley

SimonAshley Member

5. RU55SSO

RU55SSO Member

this noise is the impellor building boost. Every turbo does it and it in no way means your turbo is failing. Its completely normal a leaky boost pipe will hiss. (One of mine blew up and i just fixed it )