Non Tech Pack SD Card Artwork

geefunk1978

Reaction score
Website
www.gtdesignsolutions.com
I have an SD card with lots of mp3's on but only some of the album artwork is showing on the MMI. I've plugged the SD card into my computer and it shows artwork on all of the music so it is definitely embedded.
Any ideas why it's not showing on the display in the car?!

Image size is important - the manual will tell you what's supported. I believe it's a maximum of 500x500 for the non tech pack, and possibly have to make sure it's square as well.

I am having the same issue. Cemerson is right, but I'm not sure if even 500x500 is still too big. I think I read 300x300 somewhere?

We just got the car and I've only spent about half an hour in it (none of it moving!). I am having some major SD card frustrations...none of the artwork seems to show up, most songs have to go through a somewhat awkward loading process (hopefully that is a one time thing), and several don't play at all. I am going to have to spend some time in the car with a laptop, tweaking the settings to see what's going on. I don't exactly relish the idea, but it should be fun anyway. Thank goodness for ultra-portable laptops and LTE! :)

GS

It's definitely 800x800 for tech pack, I thought it was 500x500 for non tech pack. All my album art is 800x800 and square, and all of it works anyway, so probably not a great test case for different variations and whether they work!

Hmm there's no way I'm going thro' 90gb of music and changing all the artwork to 500x500 square!!! Just have to live with it, at least the new S3 has got full iPod control unlike the 8P S3 which the interface was crap.

500x500 AND under 200kb in size.
Smaller in resolution and under in size is fine, but not bigger. Am currently staring at 60gb of mp3s wondering if I can be bothered to go through them all.

Hmm there's no way I'm going thro' 90gb of music and changing all the artwork to 500x500 square!!! Just have to live with it, at least the new S3 has got full iPod control unlike the 8P S3 which the interface was crap.

I spent an evening downloading and adding artwork to ~ 32GB of my music. MP3Tag is a good help, and I'm sure you can write or find a program to go through your collection and pick out the bad ones or correct them.