1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Smokers Pack\12v socket

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cdb2, Oct 2, 2004.

1. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Hi,

Don't smoke so looking at having the non smokers pack on my A3. However.........

1) Am I correct in thinking that by default you get the covered ash try and a cig lighter?

2) With the non smokers pack you get a 'storage compartment' and 12v socket?

3) I just thought the default 'looked better' as you get a covered ashtray rather than just a rubber covered 'gap' where the ashtray was - am I correct? The non smokers pack option didn't look like it had a 'covered' storage compartment, just looked like a gap.

4) If you go for the default with the cig lighter, can the cig lighter also be used as a 12v socket like in most cars? If so presumably I am better off with the default rather than the non smokers pack, as I'll get a covered compartment (which looks better imo) and a cig lighter which can also be used as a 12v socket?

Little things sent to confuse us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

I got the non smoker pack and yes there is an uncovered area to be used for storage etc. The main thing you get is a flap that covers the 12v socket as for some reason in a3, the cig lighter is just there all the time (my A4 has a neat push once, and rotate open kind of idea).
    You dont get any covered compartment in any A3, just the ashtray and the space behind it as a result is smaller.
    Its no big deal either way really but cd's fit in the space now wheras they dont on the smoker option.
  3. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Thanks for that mate.

Does the cig lighter double up as a 12v socket like in most cars?
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

All this "non-smoker's pack" stuff sounds suspiciously like they're charging more to give you the same or less?
  5. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

yes its just a cig lighter socket and no, its a non cost option ..
  6. TimmyTDI

TimmyTDI New Member

I opted for this too, quite a handy space to put things and you still get the 12v socket next to the handbrake. I think they didnt know what to do at the rear, you get an ashtray type compatment and another little storage hole. Shame they didnt add another cup holder!