1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

non-sline facelift front chin lip thread

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jsosic, Sep 5, 2011.

1. jsosic

jsosic Member

2. Chappy

Chappy Call me Dan :)

Saw an A4 at my local dealer on Saturday with one of these, looks good :)

Liking the colour of your wheels too!
  3. jsosic

jsosic Member

I would like to see A4 photo with this kind of a lip!!!

PS. Wheels are custom painted with special two part color... I can ask the color codes if someone is interested. This is an original look of the weels and car:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is how the wheel looks like:
    [​IMG]
  4. Chappy

Chappy Call me Dan :)

How much did you pay for the LED Bi-Xenon units?
  5. jsosic

jsosic Member

700 euros.
  6. Digzz

Digzz "Started From The Bottom"

Love it mate..:wub:...Can't wait until I buy my "Two part front spoiler". The price is very high for that 1 part I need ...that's what has put me off ,Plus the fact I needed to Mod my Interior first .....As it was looking very 2003 ish..

I'll be doing this Mod soon.........
  7. *Müllërz

*Müllërz REVOlutionary

Nice attempt there :icon_thumright:
    That the oem lip for about £300?
    Personally It did not justify that price tag
    IMO it sticks out too much and does not follow the lines of the bumper to the end and finishes too early
    But thats my opinion and i am sure you are happy with it and thats what counts.
    I got a custom lip and fitted it myself
    Not the best pic to show it...closer pic would have been better but the reason I prefer it is that it doesnt stick out and can be cut right to the edges where the front bumper finishes at the arch on each side

[​IMG]
  8. jsosic

jsosic Member

Can you post more images because I can barely see it from this angle. I've opted for stock OEM blade spoiler because there are far too much cars with s-line front bumpers around here in Croatia... And this is so far unique mod, and I can bet it will stay that way for sure. Here is what the car looks like now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see I've added MY11 fog grills and painted chrome line, left only chromed circle around fog lights and it looks stunning...
  9. jsosic

jsosic Member

I want RS4 anthracite rims badly, or even plain silver ones and then I'll paint it in the color of these rims...

Also, I'm thinking about wrapping the top in gloss black.... but cannot decide. Shop quoted me around 100 quids, which is 1/6 of average monthly salary here in Croatia and I'm not too keen on flushing money through the toilet... I'm thinking about it for a year now... Had it ready for spraying and canceled the morning the work had to start... And with foil I can at least take it off if I don't like it...
  10. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Nah sorry dont like that lip at all, looks like its just stuck on, stands out like a sore thumb to me on what looks like a nice front look, who cares if others have sline front, yours looks good just the same.
  11. Mr. B

Mr. B English...not so good

Hello mate, I've noticed you've changed your wing mirrors. Is they any difference between the two? Other than the aluminum/chrome? The bottom picture looks nicer, and the LED indicators look bigger. Cheers
  12. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Indicators are same size mate trust me, there's a reflection that makes drivers look bigger.
  13. jsosic

jsosic Member

I was thinking about S3 conversion, but then again I would have to go from 17" to 18" both summer and winter for that setup to look decent. And roads around here are really not that good. So I've decided on this front setup with s-line rear bumper and roof spoiler and I'm really satisfied with everything done on the car so far.

One thing that bothers me is windshield tint strip - I don't have it factory tinted so I payed local shop, and they did it badly. So I'm going to another shop to redo it next week. Also I'm really puzzled about Dynavin D99 unit with Android OS, I know Windows CE units we're **** but with touch screen, DVB tuner, DVD player and stuff like that it really attracts me more than crappy old RNS-E...
  14. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

As I said your car looks nice enough as is so why bother with s3 conversion, just the lip doesnt loom right mate, but if you like then thats also fine.

RNS-E is not crappy mate, it works very well & integrates seemlessly with existing systems, also looks like it should be there & have to say, not once have I ever had the need to watch tv, dvd etc, to busy watching the road.
  15. jsosic

jsosic Member

Dynavin D99 also fits in great:

DYNAVIN D99 ANDROID IN DASH DOUBLE DIN GPS NAVIGATION RADIO FOR 06-11 AUDI A3 | eBay

only thing is I would like to try it first before dumping load of money at it...