1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non S-Line Register

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by h5djr, Nov 18, 2013.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I have never used the touch screen in any other VW other than the new Golf VII. From what I had read on other forums and reviews it is supposed to be better than previous versions but personally I cannot compare them.. All I do know is that the one in the Golf VII works OK for me.

My dealer says he should be able to give me the same discount (usually around 9%) on either an A3 or a Golf but he does think the A3 S-Line may take a slight hit from the residual value because there are so many of them around and a well spec'd Golf VII will hold it's value slightly better. His opinion not mine. He certainly has a lot of used S-Line's for sale at the moment.

As far as my 'being retired' comment is concerned I agree that those of us who are purchasing our car with are own money are concerned we are all trying to get a good deal but the A3 is increasing become the company car to have where perhaps the best deal is not quite so important to the individual.

One of things I will miss most if I do decide to buy a Golf will be this forum. I have been a members for nearly 11 years and have always enjoyed the great exchange of view between the members. I suppose I could stay a member although probably with less to talk about.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

I buy all cars with our money! You need to try harder with Audi discounts , take a look at online deals and show your dealer 12% is possible on Audi apart from S3 !
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Discount is not the only think I am looking for. Excellent service is also important and I have no complaints about my dealer either with purchasing or servicing for the 37 years I have been using the same company for both VWs and Audi's.
  4. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Service is very important. Being sold short is equally important IMHO
  5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I don't consider an 9% discount and an above book trade-in price as being sold short. If was taking a car that they had in stock I would probably try for a bigger discount but mine is always a factory order and the discount is always on the full price including the cost of the options.
  6. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

All things are relative Dave. If you are happy with the deal that's fine. As an aged long term customer I just reckon your dealer could do rather better!
  7. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Which on-line broker and which dealer do you use and how many cars do you purchase in say 3 years.