Non OEM wheel advice.

s-line stu

Reaction score
Just bought a wheel off ebay as one of mine has had a clout at some point and although is visibly ok it is slightly out of balance as my local tyre fitter pointed out on the balancing machine.

Anyway I got this wheel off ebay which is not a genuine one but was second hand and the right price. The description is as below, can anyone advise if this will be ok with regards to offset etc... I assume it will be the same as an original but am not totally sure:

This auction is for one Audi Alloy Wheel.
It came off an Audi A6 S line, although I believe these alloys are the ones which more normally come on the RS6.
The wheel is 18" with a rim size of 8J
The wheel has 5 tapered spokes and comes with an audi centre cap.
There are various markings on the inside of the wheel including DW703 B 18x8J ET NOT OEM PCD VIA 690Kg. IT IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

careful there... looks like he's missing info "ET NOT OEM PCD"

Need to confirm the offset and PCD.... which really should be on the wheel!!

PCD would peobably be right - pretty sure all A6's ahve been 5x112, but the offset will be the killer!

probably okay if you keep it as a spare, but surelyt he weight will be different (and potentially bess around with ABS / traction control)?

I thought A6's had the 19inch version of these wheels anyway? I might not risk it and sell it on as I'd rather get a genuine one but they seem expensive and hard to come by as there are a lot of replica's out there.

They are RS6 "style" not actually RS6 wheels.

I have seen OEM wheels brand new going for £80-100 at Stafford Audi stands etc at shows and things, it's just luck of the draw what you happen to find.

You need to know the ET of your exisiting wheels, probably 43 I expect? If it is slightly buckled can't you get it repaired?

Yes I was thinking of possibly getting it repaired only yesterday. Should have looked into it before I bought the wheel but I guess I can always sell it on.