Non-mapped 2.0tfsi performance, well it varies a lot.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Currently have an 2014 A5 2.0tfsi sline sportback whilst my a4 is in surgery, and to be really truthfull i am really not that impressed with the performance form it.
based on my a4 tfsi in factory mode and the sport back also in factory mode (non-mapped) the a4 is worlds apart from the newer sportback powerplant.
Most obvious difference to start with is the excelleration, the sport back is just lacking any real gettup and go whereas my a4 just takes off from very low down rpm right throught the range, 3rd gear has very good performance.
So either (1) my a4 avant has very good performance , or (2) the new sport back with same engine is rubbish.
any thoughts guys on this , i know the BUL is a slightly different spec, but from driving too very similar power plants ,the difference is very noticable.

Still prefer my A4 with all it's issues over the newer generation models etc.

Ditto rob, I had an 2014 2.0tdi a5 courtesy car when mine was in audi having work done. It's performance was woeful compared to older tdi higher up Rev range. Pick up low down revs were better but after 2.5k it felt like it would have been history. Or it could just be newer models are more refined power delivery.

if its more refined power delivery in the a5 then they can keep it mate:(, when i purchased my a4 2.0tfsi i did so because i wanted something with more than a bit of welly and it certainly doesnt dispapoint in that dept;):cool:.

i was hoping they would leave me a rs4 , but got the a5, cant complain i supose as they did come and collect my car and leave the courtestycar.

imagine the disappointment if you did have rs4 on loan, your bul would seem rather lacking after that experience