Nokia Hands-Free - or something .. how to remove

Batmike

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just bought an Audi A6 4F which had a retro-fit mobile connection and .. something... Which I presume is a retro-fit for USB play and other audio / video maybe ?

This seem to be the microphone stuck to the drivers pillar

2uoqm0z.jpg

With a Nokia Dial

2ccl6ra.jpg

Based on that I thought initially a CK-7W but google shows it has a lot more which I can't find.

In addition I can see the following cables in the glove box

Female USB

2co5stl.jpg

Probably a Nokia Connector

2cgk84j.jpg

And another 'thing'

209jaj6.jpg

With no description whatsoever

2yvt7b4.jpg

I guess the question is - what is it and how can I remove it. It doesn't really bother me at all visually so I wouldn't usually care - but every single time I turn the ignition on this thing seems to emit a long beep through the car speakers - at least I can't find an additional speaker so I presume it is through the car speakers - can't make it out really.

I thought at first it is the fault reverse parking sensors - but that also emits a long beep from the reverse speaker.

Anyone know where this would likely be connected to ? Would that be connected behind the CD Changer ?

I would just cut the wires but don't want to cause a short which may not even fix the bloomin' beep.

Any hints would be appreciated ...

Thanks.

(Car got an MMI 2G High too if that helps)

Follow the wires.
Any additional connectors should be plug-and-play type, to disconnect.

There is a member here B5nut who is very knowledgable about retrofitting items or connecting some additional pieces. He should be able to assist you more.

This RCA connector could be for AUX audio input, I think. That should run to amplifier so it would be played on car speakers.
Nokia button should be hands free for that phone and it will be connected to cars speaker system also.
Usb again would be connected to the unit before the amplifier to allow audio/media play on the car speaker system.

I could be wrong as to connections with amplifier directly but double check if you can play any additional media trough these connectors.

I guess the question then is - where do I start. The wires seem to go straight through the back of the glove box - I guess I need to find a resource how to remove that first so I can see where it goes ... I can't see anything at the back where the DVD player is for the satnav - which I guess is the amp. And some retrofits seem to be connected to the CD Changer ... So yea - I guess that needs to go first ...

* searches forum *

That's nice.

Glove box is quite easy to remove.
Few screws from inside, foot well and side fuse box cover. There are some videos and dorections of how to do it over the net.

Just be careful with cd changer wires.

Was thinking about that switch next to RCA ports.
It could be input and output from the same connectors. Depending on the switch position, I think.

Could be wrong but module this is connected to should explain further.

Right, removed glove box and it was indeed a denison gateway - removed that (didn't work and didn't need it anyway), re-done the fiber cable to the CD changer and removed all that stuff. But there aren't any additional cables coming from the Nokia hands-free - can't see anything coming from the direction of the remote or microphone .. and yes, still a loud beep coming from the speaker(s) when turning on the ignition ..

Anyone got any hints where they might be going ? Is there an easy way to remove the cover under the steering wheel / ignition key so investigate further ?

Yes. Similar principal as glove box.
One screw under righ hand side fuse box cover, one near the bonet release and one near clutch pedal, foot rest.

Thanks, I'll take a look later ... Once I did some work and have the glove box back on :)

I think I found a temporary solution .. Basically this seem to be a bluetooth hands free set and the beep seem to indicate an unavailability of a phone which is paired .. there was a button combination to reset all pairing .. Essentially pressing the button for twenty seconds when the ignition is off ..

That seems to have done it - but still gonna see if I can remove it .. once I disconnect it from the power I may just cut the thing off