Nokia CK-7W Mic

TimTFSI

Reaction score
Just had a new car kit fitted, but not keen on the mic stuck next to the interior light. Is it easy to dismantle the mic and fit it in the grill, next to the interior light?

Theres a problem with the nokia car kits, normally only effects the older models that you need to, like Eeef says, fit a resistor to. But it doesn;t only effect the Bose stereos. My old nokia bluetooth kit had the problem but I don't have a problem with my new hard wired one and I have Bose fitted in my car.

TimmyTDI,

I fitted a nokia kit today and broke the nokia mic apart and fitted into the overhead light. The mic comes apart easily and internally consists of a rubber mount which the mic sits in. You can fit this into the void designed to hold the audi carphone mic.

Really easy but I couldn't get the nokia mic apart easily so ended up destoying the outer plastic, so you can't change your mind half way through

I have fitted the CK-7W today in my 2000 A3. The volume is blasting. I have audi concert and have read about the resistor needed if you have bose, how do you know if youve got bose - are there logos on the speakers or something because I didn't think mine had it. The volume really is too loud I have adjusted it on the phone to minimum.
Help appreciated thanks

Yes, if you have BOSE then there are silver strips across the top of the front door speakers with "BOSE Sound System" embossed in them.

Regards the positioning of the microphone, the genuine Audi GSM prep has the microphone inside the overhead console so could you not source the bits and fit this mic for use with the Nokia kit?

Where do you wire in the resistor? What size do you need?
Thanks