1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy/squeaky belt?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by r3stu, May 4, 2010.

1. r3stu

r3stu Member

If i have used the car, then it is cooling for a short time and i start it, There is a noisey / squeaking coming from what sounds like a belt? Timing belt? This was changed 10k ago?

Car is a 2004 1.9 tdi. Can anyone offer me advice before I take it to a garage, Cheers
  2. sbhoy17

sbhoy17 Member

hi mate the same thing happened to mine audi road assistance were out, its only done 18k they said under audis 3 year warrenty i should take it to audi once i phoned them they say belts not covered the guy from road side assistance says its coming from the belt inside the cover not the fan belt mine is going over to my mate who is the foreman at seat so he is going to have a look at it next week if you want to hang on till then i can let you know how i get on

cheers S
  3. r3stu

r3stu Member

Yea please mate cheers
  4. gaz m

gaz m Member

just for your peace of mind mate,

leave the car on tick over and use WD40 to spray all the moving fan belts that are open to veiw, be carful as it will spray oil off the belts a bit but this will cure any dry belts and stop the squeak / squeal !

It is what any garage will do without the labour charge!!! If it still squeals then wait for sbhoy's answer.

Gaz
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. r3stu

r3stu Member

Yes i tried that, it stops it instantly, but then the oil wears off after a few weeks