Noisy shocks again..

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Quick question..
Is the known noisy shock problem restricted to the rear ?

I've been taking a different route home lately,over some admittedly pretty awful back roads,and the noise from the front suspension is really ****** awful,as well as the back.

Whenever my Alfa made this sort of noise from the suspension,it went in to get new bushes under warranty !

I think I'd live to regret the S-line suspension if I were to have to take this route regularly I can tell you...

My fillings are loose... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

dont know mate I aint heard out about the front.

I phoned my dealer the other day and I'm really starting to get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif at them ! My car went in a few months ago after the airbag light stayed on and I advised them about the noise but they did nothing !

Now my passenger seat wont slide forward any more when trying to get people in the back, the steering has become a bit slack and the noise is getting worse ! Got it booked in for mid July as going on holiday.

They still owe me a set of front fogs that I paid for when I ordered the car in Feb 04. Sent them 3 emails about it but no reply !

Got my rear shocks replaced yesterday and the knocking chattering noise is now gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nothing from the front tbh.

I'm going to get my front suspension checked over as well as the back.
It's far far noisier than I would expect and I can definitely feel a knocking through the clutch pedal footrest (DSG).
As I said before,it sounds and feels like a car with knackered bushes.

Add in the various rattles and buzzes I'm getting from the cabin as the miles mount up and I have a feeling the 18 inch wheels,with zero sidewall tyres,and the S-line suspension are just knocking the hell out of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif