1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy shocks again..

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Amchlolor, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Quick question..
    Is the known noisy shock problem restricted to the rear ?

I've been taking a different route home lately,over some admittedly pretty awful back roads,and the noise from the front suspension is really bloody awful,as well as the back.

Whenever my Alfa made this sort of noise from the suspension,it went in to get new bushes under warranty !

I think I'd live to regret the S-line suspension if I were to have to take this route regularly I can tell you...

My fillings are loose... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
  2. imported_ANNANBHOY

imported_ANNANBHOY Guest

dont know mate I aint heard out about the front.

I phoned my dealer the other day and I'm really starting to get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif at them ! My car went in a few months ago after the airbag light stayed on and I advised them about the noise but they did nothing !

Now my passenger seat wont slide forward any more when trying to get people in the back, the steering has become a bit slack and the noise is getting worse ! Got it booked in for mid July as going on holiday.

They still owe me a set of front fogs that I paid for when I ordered the car in Feb 04. Sent them 3 emails about it but no reply !
  3. cheechy

cheechy Member

Got my rear shocks replaced yesterday and the knocking chattering noise is now gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nothing from the front tbh.
  4. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

I'm going to get my front suspension checked over as well as the back.
    It's far far noisier than I would expect and I can definitely feel a knocking through the clutch pedal footrest (DSG).
    As I said before,it sounds and feels like a car with knackered bushes.

Add in the various rattles and buzzes I'm getting from the cabin as the miles mount up and I have a feeling the 18 inch wheels,with zero sidewall tyres,and the S-line suspension are just knocking the hell out of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif