1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy A6 v6 tdi

Jason May 15, 2005

1. Jason

Jason Member

Hi
    I feel that there is a lot more engine noise recently on our A6 v6 tdi to the extent that you can no longer hear the whistle of the turbo, if I stop the engine,wait,disconnect the battery reconnect after about 2 mins (to reinstall ecu engine settings by default) she then purrs like a pussy cat,runs a lot quieter,smoother and you can hear the turbo again this last's for about a week and then the engine becomes noisy again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    I think it might be a timing problem but why it keeps slipping and then is fine when reset is beyond me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Any other ideas?????
    I Live in rural France, plenty of "Red" but no vag.com and at least a 3 week waiting list at the local Audi garage! who Honestly I don't have a lot of faith in!

2. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

What v6 tdi do you have? 2.5 or 3.0?

3. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

Does the noisy get worse with air con switched on.

4. Jason

Jason Member

cheers for the quick reply! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

1998 2.5 v6 tdi
    can't say that I've noticed any change in engine noise with air con on but will go and try.
    It's just a "Hi I'm a diesel engine noise" but trice as loud sort of "growling" noise with a slight deterioration in performance!