Noisey fuel pump priming

marmite

Counting the Tesco Club points
Reaction score
Is it just me??
1/4 tank or less, first thing in the morning when the carhas been left over night on first start the pump it really noise when it primes the fuel rail before you start.

Never normaly let it get low, BUT when I do it is really annoying!

Is it my car, I personaly think there is a fault but don't want to lose my car to Audi over night for them not to hear it......Or I'll have to go there before they start it i suppose.

Can one of you guys let me know if yours is the same please.

Hi bud, Im very aware of any minor noises etc.

And I cant hear any such fuel pump noise either starting up or priming the furl rail.

If you take it in they can check the fuel pressure at the rail, should give you an idea if your fuel pressure regulator or pumps on its way out.

im getting down to a 1/4 of a tank m8 so will let you know next week if mine makes it as well....

So 2 months down the road and I finally got my finger out and booked it in for them to have a look, annoying even know I worked there and knew the fault they have to double check

So I got new fuel pumps being fitted under warranty

The beast is now in very very good hands have bits replaced on her!
Looking forward to getting her back now

I have got a great A3 2.0TDi SE Loan car though for a few days

wicked mate, mine is in on thursday and im kinda worried about the garage as not used them before.. but am please im nto using the last one I used

OK popped into Audi today to check on the beast
she has been fitted with
fuel pumps
Cooling Fans
Waterpump and cambelt!!

Get her back Fri or Sat......

A3 TDi is a great car but enough is enough I miss the RS, you relise how much.
SAD I KNOW

I drive the mini about which is for fun and joy

BUT

The A3 is boring compared to the mini so really looking forward to getting the beast back and as we are off again in her at the weekend..perfect time to blow the cob webs out again

Got her back all sorted and checked this morning and the noise has gone

Been out and she has been cleared out 1/4 tank of clear out and back on the drive way!!

result mate, im just hoping mine will be sorted out next week...

Yeah I'm sure you will get it sorted buddy

Stand your ground with them
Mention RBD if your car went in more then the 1st visit for the same fault