Noisey Fan

way318

Reaction score
Sometimes when I first start the car of a morning is what I can best describe as a high pitch chirping squeal that sounds to me like it is coming from behind the dash. It doesn't so it all the time and when it does its normally only for a few minutes.

It does stop when I turn the climate control off, so I guess it has something to do with that.

Does anyone know if this is normal of does it point to something that needs replacing (e.g fan blower assembly)?

Thanks

I can't help you much with regard to fixing or diagnosing but I can tell you that doesn't sound normal.
Mine are quiet with the only noise being air noise once the fans are cranked up to about 6 or higher

Didn't think it was normal, will have to get it sorted and hope its covered under the warranty.

Maybe something got sucked in and got past the pollen filter? Might just need cleaning. Anyways I don't think that taking the blower out on the B8 is a dash-out job mercifully, I'm pretty sure.

Spoke the warranty company yesterday and they said it's covered item, but they need a garage to verify the fault and then they can authorise the repair.

Just need now to find the time to get it to my local garage.