1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisey Engine?! - 2.0 TDi 2005 55 plate

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by JamieDJA, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JamieDJA

JamieDJA New Member

[Oct 27, 2012]
    Hi Guys,

Previously had a 2006 A3 2.0 TDi last year winter I was impressed with, had that remapped and it was quick and fairly quiet, so much so I decided to buy another one this year for a winter hack. I bought a 2005 55 facelift - the engine I find very noisey on this particular one, it pulls very well and produces better MPG than the last one, once warm its much better.

From cold its very noisey and sounds like a tank. - Its on 99k has FSH and always had the oil done fairly frequently. Is there anything that could cause the extra noisey-ness? I'm going to change the oil and filter again using Castrol 5-30W EDGE FST - is this the best to use or something thicker like 5-40 EDGE FST?

Cheers for any assistance :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. fossie

fossie Member

[Oct 28, 2012]
    Look in the A4 B7 section under oil pump/balance shaft failure buddy
  4. JamieDJA

JamieDJA New Member

[Oct 30, 2012]
    Thanks for the heads up matey, mine had some work done around 70k at audi funnily enough will have a look, I know it had a bottom end rebuild + new clutch + Fly + synchro and bits hopefully that has been done :)
    I think some 5w40 PD oil is better for this engine, 5w30 is a little thin, they always used to pop 5w40 in them and the engine hasnt advanced at all on a 55 plate