Noise When Opening Door

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it normal to hear noise like a motor running when i open my drivers door for about 3 seconds? Seems to only do it if the car has been sat for a good few hours.

That's what I thought too - only happens with the drivers door too I think. Happened on all the 3.2s I have driven.

I get a buzzing noise when I switch off the ignition and open and get out of the driver's door after a journey. Only lasts about 5 seconds - presumably this is normal too? Always done it. Seems to come from the engine bay.

I flagged this up with an Audi technician and he said its to do with the emissions system and perfectly normal - never heard it on my 140, but I hear it everytime on the 170 and it lasts about 15 seconds.

It is the fuel pump pressurising the system...

daveyjp said:
I flagged this up with an Audi technician and he said its to do with the emissions system and perfectly normal - never heard it on my 140, but I hear it everytime on the 170 and it lasts about 15 seconds.

Does this refer to the hissing noise Edition gets when opening the door from cold or the buzzing I get when opening the door to get out after a journey?

Cheers!