1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise from rear ??

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Bradderz_1988, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

It's sounds like rear diff mounts basicly when am letting on and off the accelerator pedal it's thudding from the rear ??? any suggestions ???
  2. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Get some sikaflex 252 in the bushes. Not had a sound from mine since. Or buy a mount from 034.
  3. Bradderz_1988

Ok weres that available from ??? It's only started doing it since I had it up on the ramp at work this morning every thing seem'd to be ok must just be sods law that it decided to start thudding when I got my hopes up there was nothing wrong typical ha
  4. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

You can get sikaflex 252 from most online hardware stores. Its just polyurethane in a tube. The performance mount/bush can be found on 034 motorsports website. Costly though and from the states.
  5. Bradderz_1988

Checked the thudding noise it wasn't the bushes I'd some how with my lead foot managed to work the 3 8mm hex bolts at rear of diff loose which is a bonus bit aid loctite and it's gone :) !!
  6. pjw

pjw Member

Result - ive got sikaflex, its the shizzle. One tube has lasted me years, just dont get it on paintwork ever as it wont come off..
  7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Years? i always find it goes off once opened if left for any length of time.
  8. Bradderz_1988

Going to get the sikaflex I think just to prolong the bushes and cut some slack, can I basicly do every mount on the car with this stuff and how long does it take to go off roughly and do I have to remove the bushes or just lower them to get the sikaflex in ??
  9. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member

you can fill both diff and both gearbox mounts, then get a poly front snub mount

ideally you want to get some spare mounts as even the fast cure sika takes a few days to harden and the main diff mount needs doing in layers or middle will never set

well worth doing though