1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise from behind the vents?

steeleez Apr 19, 2011

1. steeleez

steeleez Member

I parked my car in the garage the other day and when I turned the engine off I noticed a noise coming from the dash, it seems to be coming from behind the vents and sounds like a cd changer, the noise seems to be constantly there now, even when I'm driving? Any ideas?

Cheers

Gary

2. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Is it like a clicking/clunking?

3. Widemonkeys

Widemonkeys 1st Gear

Mine does that after the engine is off for about 5-10 mind then stop. I think all b6's do it.

4. mikeh126

mikeh126 Member

I think it's the motors and relays adjusting the air con / climate control flaps behind the dash.
    I have noticed the noise even when the engine has just been turned off, and the ign key has been removed.
    It's normal - nothing to worry about.

5. steeleez

steeleez Member

No mate, it's the same noise as when you insert a game in a ps3, sorry for the poor description it's an awkward noise to descibe.

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'd agree with Mike, it's just the motors and mechanisms sorting themselves out. Mine does it too.