1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nogaro blue - pain to keep clean?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FTO, Oct 5, 2004.

1. FTO

FTO New Member

[Oct 5, 2004]
    Hi guys, i've just sold my black fto and I have my heart set on a nogaro blue s3. I've vowed never to buy a black car again because it was so hard to keep clean - stone chips, swirl marks and minor scratches were the bain of my life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does nogaro blue have the same problems? I don't really want to have to go for boring silver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Oct 7, 2004]
    No Slow, whats this '80' [censored] all about?
  4. pazaz

pazaz Member

[Oct 7, 2004]
    Had my Noggy blue S3 for 6 mths now and have no probs keeping it looking Tip Top.

Took 6 months to find one, but worth the wait!!

5. imported_maviceuk

imported_maviceuk Guest

[Oct 7, 2004]
    bit of info

the chips away bloke pointed out that my noggy Blue paintwork is actually pealescent

- thats why they look so good when shiney clean

you have to look close to notice though

6. noodle

noodle Member

[Oct 8, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ess_Three said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    FTO said:
    How long do they keep looking nice and clean after a wash though - with black, barely a day after a good washing it would look dirty again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

FYI, yes I am a lazy [censored] who doesn't want to wash his car every week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Once a month is more than enough....

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy a silver or grey one then.
    Nogaro Blue isn't as bad as black to keep clean...but once it gets dirty it dulls, and Nogaro Blue in dull light / when dirty looks like cheap-ass company car blue! Not pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree that silver or grey will withstand dirt better than blue/black, but wouldn't have said that a dirty nogaro blue S3 looks like a 'cheap-ass company car' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The only reason that I wash mine every week is to keep the wheels clean, otherwise I'd be the same, once or twice a month..

Get some pics up so we can have a look.