1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Water

N80KRR Aug 5, 2009

1. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

Well, looked this am no water in car. but I only filled it up a week ago. Not done thousands of miles. So whats happening? I've checked the tank and pipes they're all dry so no leaks that I can see. Anyone had same issues?

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

check the oil and make sure its not brown.

3. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

It's very dirty brown, it was supposed to be replaced when it was serviced back in march. Guess it wasn't. Does that mean I need to change it ASAP?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  4. docurley

I meant like a creamy brown colour

5. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

nope just like dirty oil. So could do with a fresh change really.

6. docurley

Well oil gets dirty looking quick so may be not.

Now your problem, well so far it does not sound like the headgasket so I would refill and run the car looking for leeks checking the header tank for a start.

7. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

sorry not very mechanically minded, looked at the water tank and pipes that lead off it to radiator. everything seems to be in order. no leaks that I can see or feel.

8. docurley

Some times the bottle spits on the joint and will only leek when the water gets hot and the pressure builds.

Look for any signs of a sort of reddish dye or rust this may indicate where the water might be coming from.

9. Xmay4444

Xmay4444 On Point!!

10. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

Same problem on my S4 cab - it was the auxillary rads behind the headlights. THey have a tendancy to leak very badly after a few years. Known issue. Good luck.

11. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?