1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

what does this mean? I can't recieve any radio so I guess it's something to do with the aerial/connection. Any idea's?

2. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

TP = traffic info, which is recieved on the FM radio frequency.... it's used by the satnav for routing around big accidents, etc.

3. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

great, can't get any radio stations. stuck listening to crappy cd's which aren't even mp3. Gotta get that fixed now. I get radio 1 every once in a while but most of the time it just keeps on scanning. Any idea's guys?

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Sounds like the antenna.

Is it a standard head unit?

5. N80KRR

N80KRR Member

standard rns yeah. Where would the antenna be in my saloon? read a bit about it being in the rear window but couldn't get an exact answer. Just weird how so times we can get it but most of the time not.

6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

If it IS in the rear window it could be the amplifier module thats gone.

7. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

Antennas in the saloon are embedded in the rear window (in the Avant they're in the rear window and rearmost side windows).

Sounds like either the amplifier has failed or the filter that connects the radio and the heated rear window together has failed.