1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No tool to take locking wheel nuts off? Help!

buel Feb 13, 2014

1. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Why don't you just do what I said?

2. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

Because maybe;

- He doesn't know anybody with an Audi
    - even if anybody nearby has one, they may not be happy lending their key out
    - it may not even fit anyway

It's not just a case of 'job done' really is it.

I think everybody has said it's worth a try, but for the last time, not all Audi locking wheel nut keys are the same.

That's a myth....

3. 16Klappe

You lot amaze me.

Continue to struggle with your lives whilst people offer help, it's fine with me. I quite enjoy watching people have a hard time, especially when the answer is so easy.

This guy has spent time, and money following other people's advice. And he still hasn't fixed the problem. When what I have suggested is free, has a high possibility of working and takes minutes.

Just man up and go find somebody with an Audi and see if their locking wheel key fits. If you were local you could use one of the four keys I have, two sourced from scrappies and two from old cars of mine where I have fitted spacers and done away with the bolts.

All of which are interchangeable.

I don't care what you say, and I don't give a **** how many times you say it. Because I'm not talking to you Tooks, I'm telling the OP how to fix his problem.

Again.

4. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

No way I didn't know that . But there are two really common ones . I can't believe this has got this far . Common sense must not come into it .

5. 16Klappe

The common one is ABC6, a 17 spline locking wheel key. They also do 19, 21, 15 etc etc. Count the splines, order the tool to fit.

They are all the same, if it has 17 splines, it's a 17 spline tool. Those Audi wheel nuts only changed the number of splines, not the location or frequency of the splines, they either had 17 equally spaced splines, 15 equally spaced splines, etc etc etc.

So all 17 spline Audi locking wheel keys are EXACTLY the same.

As such, I cannot see how this is a difficult problem. Assuming you can count to 21?

You count the splines, Google the number of splines followed by "Audi locking wheel key" and then you buy whatever comes up first.

Let me google that for you

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    audiholic ste likes this.
  6. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

I have to call a mate to count to 21 successfully, I run out of fingers and toes ;-)

Btw take a chill pill dude.....I posted up a solution which is a less detailed one as yours some 5 days ago now and still no reply back to whether this has been tried/tested

Who decided to go to Halfords and spend money on a tool that didn't even fit/work :banghead:

16Klappe likes this.
  7. buel

buel Member

Steady, all........and Kwistof, no, you are wrong, I didn't 'spend money', I took the tool back and got my money back, which was always my intention anyway so no loss whatsoever as Halfords is on the way to work.

As for 16Klappe, mate you really need to calm down. It's no major problem, there is no immediate rush. Appreciate your help but just calm it, son.

BTW, I thought the following was wonderful (and true):

'- He doesn't know anybody with an Audi
    - even if anybody nearby has one, they may not be happy lending their key out
    - it may not even fit anyway

It's not just a case of 'job done' really is it. '

8. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

Edit; What I really wanted to say removed for the sake of forum harmony. Learn a lot about folks by their posts....

What I will say though, first you post any Audi key will sort it 'job done', but later post detail about how there are indeed different splined keys out there. At least you've confirmed what others and I were trying to say. Which is it, make your mind up?

I know you've said you're not talking to me, which just for the record, suits me fine.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  9. sssline

sssline Active Member

Lol this thread has become entertaining. Lots of dramas. Wheel still stuck on the car?

10. buel

buel Member

:yes: Ha ha, oh yes there certainly is drama aplenty isn't there? :p

Yep, wheel still stuck on but Im calm about it. A mechanic friend will be replacing the bolts tomorrow.

However, after re-reading 16Klappe's 'opinions', I can't help but think.....what a nobber. I think what really 'got' me was the know-all attitude he had with his comments of 'Just man up and go find somebody with an Audi and see if their locking wheel key fits'. Just for the record, 16Klappe, the reasons your comments weren't the be all and end all, are:
    1. I live in a rural area and the nearest neighbour is three miles away.
    2. I don't know of one single person in the nearest village that owns an Audi
    3. I'm not going to go further afield and knock on any Audi-owner randomers door to ask if they happen to have an Audi locking key that they can lend me, a stranger, for a night.

So manning-up has nothing to do with it. Fool.

BTW- 'I don't care what you say, and I don't give a **** how many times you say it. Because I'm not talking to you Tooks'? Real mature, man.

Artimus and VAG-Slag like this.
  11. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

:laugh:

Imagine if you would have been locked out of your car.....;)

12. buel

buel Member

Ha ha, I surely would have taken just as long for that! Lol ....or just phoned the AA! :happy:

13. buel

buel Member

Hallelujah!!!!! The bolts are out!!!!

CazzaVR and VAG-Slag like this.
  14. CazzaVR

CazzaVR Member

Thank the maker! :lol:

15. buel

buel Member

Thank you ALL for your brilliant words of advice....and some witty lines too!! Lol