1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no start!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by gembot, Nov 6, 2012.

1. gembot

gembot New Member

i need to fix an a3 '99 its done about 98,000 & has not yet done its annual service but has had a clutch change, days after i had noticed that a wire was coming out of the sensor that leads to the coil (no 1 of 4), that has now been amended. Now the car wont start it was having trouble starting before but there was spark coming out of plugs so i managed to get it to start but now there is no spark i have changed the plugs & the coil but yet no luck, it does crank doh but after abit the oil light comes on, i haven't plugged it into a diagnostic reader yet, im running out of ideas i would like it fixed as soon as, so if any could help me i would b very great full.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Knackered coil pack wiring?

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Crank sensor maybe... scan for fault codes first...

<tuffty/>

5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)
    Audi Sport Owner Group Team Silver Audi S3

You really need some fault codes first, as they go a long way and can save you huge amouts of time and money :)

6. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

As said sounds like Crankshaft Position sensor issue, but a diag scan is the best place to start. When it is plugged into a diag machine, call up the actual values/measuring blocks and watch engine speed when turning over. Should give a reading <500rpm-ish when cranking

7. gembot

gembot New Member

thanx 4 the response guys!!!
    rite ive pluged her in & its worse then i fout, theres 6 engine faults & 4 others that i found when i went in2 the other menus...

View attachment 8457 View attachment 8458 View attachment 8459 View attachment 8460 View attachment 8461 View attachment 8462 ... View attachment 8463 View attachment 8464 View attachment 8465 View attachment 8466

so wer shall i start?

lewis i havent looked but i fink my device dnt have the option to check actual values/measuring blocks

8. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

clear them all off
    then try to start and rescan

but im gona go with the G40 sensor is your problem

9. gembot

gembot New Member

that was the 1st fing i did bro, i fout it wud b that g40 also coz thats what people was saying but the only code that was left was the speed sensor code IMG00325-20121117-1243.jpg

so is it that or?