No sound from ConcertII

pulsejet

Reaction score
My son has stuffed coins into my Concert II non bose (A3 Sportback 06) which have all been removed now by opening up the unit however there is no sound. Unit works ok, CD player, IPod connectivity, Radio, Phone all work just no sound so I suspect the amp chips at the back left are ******. However before I get an exchange unit, is there anywhere else in the Audi audio wiring loom that could have been fried, or tripped/fused? I don't want to pay Audi service £50 for diagnostics on-top of £305 if I know the unit's goosed.

Have you checked all the fuses that relate to the audio system?

Also may be worth disconnecting and reconnecting the cables just incase they didn't quite sit together properly.

Failing that find someone with VCDS to see if the head unit is putting out an error code before you pay out.

Can't imagine it's done it any good, but then that's the joy of kids!

I don't want to pay Audi service £50 for diagnostics on-top of £305 if I know the unit's goosed.

Diag would only maybe show it was disconnected or the shorted part isnt communicating in these instances, although if the wiring isnt connecting properly it will show this, but you do ideally need someone to look at it, whereabouts are you?

As for replacement radio, give me a shout as we will probably be able to find it cheaper than £305, also tbh if looking at spending that much, maybe wise to put it towards a much better unit, still audi, rns-e which is far far better than the concert, PM me if interested :)

but then that's the joy of kids!

Say that again